The SEP Cloud client for Mac is updated periodically to provide enhancements and improvements. The next update is scheduled to start April 8, 2019.What’s new
In this release, the SEP Cloud 7.x clients for Mac will be updated to version 7.10 and the SEP Cloud 8.x clients for Mac will be updated to version 8.3 to fix several issues related to the client stability and performance. 7.10 version updates
• Fixed Live Update proxy information processing to better handle anonymous proxies.
• Updated the open source libraries to address security vulnerabilities.
• Fixed an issue to improve the exception handling when connecting to Settings.8.3 version updates
• Fixed an issue that prevented Live Update from upgrading the client when the system proxy was enabled for external communication.
• Upgraded a Live Update component to fix an issue where the At Risk status was displayed erroneously.
• Fixed an issue related to the SEP Cloud console not opening on rare occasions.
• Updated the open source libraries to address security vulnerabilities.Impact
• All SEP Cloud 7.x clients for Mac will be updated to 7.10 in the background, using Live Update.
• All SEP Cloud 8.x clients for Mac will be updated to 8.3 in the background, using Live Update.
• This update does not affect the security of your devices. Action Required
All users with the Mac devices that run version 7.x and the 8.x of the SEP Cloud client are prompted to restart their devices after the update. Even if they delay the restart, their devices remain protected. No action is required by administrators. Schedule
• Start: April 8 2019 at 18:00 UTC
• End: April 8, 2019 at 22:00 UTC Quick links to more information
If you have any questions, just post them on the SEP Cloud forum:https://www.symantec.com/connect/product/endpoint-protection-cloud