In this release, we've made it even easier to manage SEP Cloud.
• Better management of alerts
All the SEP Cloud alerts now show their state so that you can easily prioritize and manage your daily task list. An alert’s state can be either New
. As you address a new alert, you can change the state to dismiss. If required, you can revert the state to new.
• Support for a new custom identity provider
You can now set up Oracle Identity Cloud Service (Oracle IDCS) as your identity provider to create and authenticate users in SEP Cloud.
• Improved network discovery
Scanning of public networks during network discovery is now disabled by default. It helps you avoid discovering many irrelevant devices. You can enable it from the Discovery Settings
Other enhancements and fixes
• As a device name can be cryptic, now events and alerts show the device alias in their titles and details. It helps you to identify relevant events or alerts quickly, and take appropriate action.
• Added Device Alias
as a predefined search attribute so that you can use it to quickly search for the required events or alerts.
• You can continue to renew your SEP Cloud subscription at any time before it expires. However, if you have not opted for SEP Cloud auto-renewal, you must now renew within 30 days after your subscription expires
• Added a device filter in the Managed Devices
tab to search for the offline devices.
• Fixed a defect that occurred when you search for users with special characters in their names.
• As part of the Network Protection
settings in a security policy, you can now disable uploading Windows and Windows Server firewall events too. It helps you to reduce the network bandwidth usage.
For more details, see What's new in this release
(updated shortly after each release).
During the upgrade window, the SEP Cloud portal may be unavailable for a few minutes. Your devices remain protected throughout the upgrade.
No action is required by end users or administrators.
• Start Date: Monday, April 23 at 03:30 UTC
• End Date: Monday, April 23 at 09:30 UTC
Quick links to more information
If you have any questions, just post them on the SEP Cloud forum:
To view status and subscribe to updates, visit the Symantec Status page:
Apr 17, 01:07 UTC